Our Team

Our Team

We love hearing from you.

If you would like to leave a comment for the team, simply click where it tells how many comments there are under a particular blog entry (like 0, 1, 2, etc...).

A place to write your comments will appear. Write anything you'd like us (and other blog readers) to be able to read.
Be sure to write you name.

Under the comment box, click anonymous and then publish your comment.

(Those who have emailed us have encouraged us as well. Any way you can encourage us is appreacited)

Sunday, March 9, 2008

week 2 Sunday AM

Hello to all those who are reading this, and as they would say here in Antigua "blessings". I will let the rest of the team relate their own impressions from today, so I will not try to quote them in this short greeting.

We attended Sweets Church today and Rev Ronnie Jones lit them up! Great message, but your week two team bombed when we tried to do some music. I only say that because their music was so good; not that ours was so bad. You would love to hear their quartet do "Days of Elijah". I would really like to see Ron Jones bring a missions team to us from Antigua! You would be as blessed and encouraged as we are.

This trip has already made an impact on my life. Dave, better known here as Chaplin Dave, continues to challenge the team everyday with some very insightful scripture and questions. It was very good to see him and Chris share their personal testimonies in front of 200 plus people this morning. Most of us would agree that they both need to do more public speaking.

I am impressed with the very personal moments I have observed in how everyone has stepped into different but vital ministry roles. There are some who are immediately drawn to the people here, some are drawn to the tasks at hand and some are drawn to other things that they will tell you about.

I cannot explain how much your comments on this blog mean to us. It is like living in a very remote area and getting a letter from home. Please do not be afraid to comment! We look at them like Pastor Tony looks at Dr Pepper after a week without one.

Missing Passport Man,
Greg

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Blessings! So glad to hear about an awesome Sunday service at the Sweets Church. Would love to hear the quartet's rendition of "Days of Elijah". Did anyone tape it???

love,
the LA Shaws

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad! We love you and really miss you! We are praying for you and everyone else. We hope you found our cards:) Dad, we saw your picture on the computer - are you telling people about Jesus?

This is Abi, Ellie, Anna and Raymond. We love you to the moon and back! We love you up to heaven and back... isn't that far? We love you so so so so so so so so much because you are my favorite Dad. Dad, will you take us on a date to Applebees?

hugs and kisses xoxoxoxoXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Ray and Andrew, I think it is just awsome to be able to follow your trip like this, will be praying you and your team this week.

Roy

Unknown said...

to the macho agua man:
I didn't want you to feel left out when the other dad got a comment from his Ellie :) So here is a note from your Ellie: I am so excited you are there in Antigua. I've seen you in action on mission trips before and I know everyone who comes in contact with you is being blessed. Keep up the good work! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Popples! Sheesh! I can't be the only "Shaw" kid left out on leaving you a comment! We've been thinking about you all and praying for you continually! Don't worry about us back home...we do miss yoU though!!! I wish I could stand by you and hear you sing "Days of Elijah" with your team and the church too:) (You know how much I love hearing you sing and standing by you in church:) haha) You're the greatest! Keep the sunscreen on your nose and head...I don't want to see any pink cheeks when you come home:)
Love you tons! Keep on blessing people and letting them bless you! Carrie (& John too!)
P.S. Did mom write the the "Team #2-Day 4 blog??? Because I want to give her a personal comment too:)