Our Team

Our Team

We love hearing from you.

If you would like to leave a comment for the team, simply click where it tells how many comments there are under a particular blog entry (like 0, 1, 2, etc...).

A place to write your comments will appear. Write anything you'd like us (and other blog readers) to be able to read.
Be sure to write you name.

Under the comment box, click anonymous and then publish your comment.

(Those who have emailed us have encouraged us as well. Any way you can encourage us is appreacited)

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Adventure!

Dave Richardson is officially the fastest man currently residing in Antigua...
- I'll finish that thought in a minute

The day started off with the team handing out Bibles to the people of Gray's Farm. It is amazing to see the hunger these people have for the Word of God. We had a number of people walk up to us asking for Bibles for themself and family members. I had a man come up to me asking for a few Bibles, only to see him 5 minutes later, opening his Bible on his front porch.
We spent the middle of the day relaxing and enjoying this beautiful island. After the beach, Curtis picked us up for a late-night deep-sea fishing trip. I set some Bibles aside for my buddy Ron, that I met on Tuesday asking if I had any Bibles aside (Ron is a security guard on the pier that I met while I was looking for the rest of the team on Tuesday. He asked me if I had a Bible and of course I had none on me, nor did the rest of the team - great missionary work eh?) Turns out that the pier we went out fishing off of was the same one that I met Ron on.
I met a fellow security guard and gave him a few Bibles for his family and again, he took it right into his office and started reading - I wouldn't recommend him as a security guard. So Ron came down I gave him a few Bibles and he continued to ask where he could go to church. I brought him over to meet with the guys that I was with (I have no clue where the churches are). It turns out that Curtis knows exactly where he lives, lives very close to him, and is picking him up for church on Sunday. I thought that whole sequence of events was pretty cool.

...Dave's story continued:
So Ray, Ronnie Jones, Greg, Dave and I (the real men of the group) got on the boat and headed out into the dark ocean - w/o taking dramamine, because were men! Greg caught the first and gave his line to Dave. Dave's first cast brought in 4 fish (there are 4 hooks on the line) - he goes "I think I caught something!" haha. So he sits down, minutes later I catch Dave out of the corner of my eye jump up and knock everything near him off the bench and procede to vomit EVERYWHERE! Ray and I thought he dropped something off the boat because of how fast he moved.
Long story (which is already long) short - Dave, Ronnie AND Curtis (the Antiguan native) all threw up multiple times while Ray sat down after catching a fish and thought he was going to be sick. So Greg and I stuck it out fishing while the rest of the girls - I mean guys - sat around staring into the horizon with the other 3 natives laughing at them.
*Here's the kicker - on our way home from the trip Curtis goes "I get sick every single time." Here we are thinking that this guy goes out all of the time and couldn't ever get sick. That was awesome. What a great way to end this amazing journey.
See you all at home - Love you Ma n Pa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always knew my dad was "the real man"! And he proves it again:) If it involves fishing...especially in an ocean...he can endure any wave and any motion!
Love ya dad!
Carrie